ParentPay CEO named EY Midlands Entrepreneur Of The Year
ParentPay is the UK’s leading provider of online payment services for schools. The secure web application allows parents to make online payments for all their child’s school items, such as meals, trips and uniform. The company is one of the fastest growing tech companies in the UK and has already completed two acquisitions in 2018 to continue its growth in the UK and across Europe.
Wilson also took home the Scale Up award, and was described by the judges as an ‘inspirational individual’ who spotted an opportunity and created a new market. The judges were particularly impressed by the huge growth of ParentPay – having doubled in size in the last two years – and the rate at which the business is scaling internationally.
Eight entrepreneurs from seven companies were honoured on the night, each winning an EY Entrepreneur Of The Year award in each of the following categories:
- Scale Up and Overall Midlands Winner – Clint Wilson, ParentPay
- Disruptor – Graham Best, ReBOUND Returns
- Rising Star – James Macfarlane, PM Connect
- Sustained Excellence – Dr. Richard Newland, CHS Healthcare
- Building a better working world – Carol and Kevin Shanahan, Synectics Solutions
- Transformational Leader – Mark Franckel, Arlington Industries Group
- EY Family Business Award of Excellence – Drayton Manor Theme Park
Neil Meredith, EY Partner and Entrepreneur Of The Year Leader in the Midlands, said: “Parent Pay has grown into a dynamic, innovative and inspiring business under Clint’s leadership. Having joined the business in 2005, he’s shown himself to be a true entrepreneur by growing ParentPay to be the UK’s leading online payment service for schools. His business has doubled in size and now services three million parents and 8,000 schools. We are delighted to have him as our Midlands Entrepreneur Of The Year in 2018.”
Midlands judging panel
The EY Entrepreneur Of The Year 2018 Midlands judging panel was chaired by Tracy Lewis, Executive Chair of Inspired Thinking Group (ITG). Tracy won the EY UK Entrepreneur Of The Year Award for Private Equity Backed Businesses in 2012.
Tracy was be joined by:
· Nicholas Georgevic, Chairman and Chief Executive of Scrivens Opticians & Hearing Care
· Andy Lyndon, Head of West Midlands, LDC
· Marg Randles OBE, Co-Founder and Chief Financial Academic Officer of Busy Bees (EY Midlands Entrepreneur Of The Year 2016 Overall winner)
· Josh Rathour, CEO and Founder of UNiDAYS (EY Midlands Entrepreneur Of The Year 2017 Overall winner)
· Jenny Wynn DL, Former MD of TTC Group UK plc.
EY Entrepreneur Of The Year is supported by LGT Vestra – national headline sponsor – and Merrill Corporation - EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Dataroom Provider. The programme’s UK media partner is the Financial Times.
Published: 27 June 2018